The documentary From Bedrooms to Billions: The PlayStation Revolution will be released in September.
Releasing on September 7 the documentary From Bedrooms to Billions: The PlayStation Revolution was created by filmmakers Anthony and Nicola Caulfield takes a never-before-seen look at the origins of PlayStation.
The documentary features luminaries such as Hideo Kojima, Mark Cerny, Jim Ryan, and many more.
Here’s more on the documentary:
The PlayStation Revolution is an independent documentary feature film that uncovers the incredible story behind the creation of the Sony PlayStation. It is an essential watch for anyone interested in video games and the history of the biggest entertainment industry on earth. The film investigates why Sony decided to enter the video games business when it was already dominated by both Nintendo and Sega, who not only produced their own hardware but made and published fantastic games. To compete, Sony would not only have to design and build a new piece of hardware, but they would have to find a way to persuade the game development industry to take a chance and develop games for it long before it even came out.
The PlayStation Revolution is the third in the From Bedrooms to Billions series, films that chronicle the hidden story of the video games industry. It was funded through a Kickstarter campaign.
You can watch the documentary through digital services or on DVD and Blu-Ray. A special edition will feature the following:
Special Features (Special Edition only)
- Creating Wipeout – RT – 10mins 31 sec (featuring game creator Nick Burcombe and Psygnosis founder Ian Hetherington)
- Creating Gran Turismo – RT – 19mins 12 secs (featuring creator Kazunori Yamauchi)
- Net Yaroze – RT – 6mins 46 secs (featuring Phil Harrison and Paul Holman)
- Audio on PS2 – 3mins 12 secs (featuring Jason Page)
- Director’s commentary with Anthony Caulfield, Nicola Caulfield, Heather Gibson & Gavin Rummery (Tomb Raider), Steve Merrett (PlayStation journo) and Shahid Ahmad (former Sony PlayStation dev commissioner)
- Photo Gallery
The post From Bedrooms to Billions: The PlayStation Revolution documentary out September 7 appeared first on VG247.